Teacher in Charge: Mrs L. SimeRecommended Prior Learning
It is highly recommended that you already have the conversational language in both writing and speaking to ensure you get the best out of this course. This may have been achieved by speaking and communicating in Gagana Samoa at home with your 'aiga regularlyl or completing the Level 2 Gagana Samoa course.
If you are unsure if this course if for you, please see Mrs Sime for support.
This Year 13 Samoan course teaches the Samoan language to effectively express and justify ideas and opinions through every day and formal situations. Students will learn to use the language in a range of purposes, express thoughts on critical situations and interpret texts.
Students will be able to:
- Communicate information, ideas and opinions
through increasingly complex and varied texts.
- Exploring views, developing and sharing personal
- Engaging/responding to different texts
- Analyse ways the Samoan language is used in
- Analyse ways the Samoan culture is organised
for different purpose.
1B8 Exercise books